Thursday, April 19, 2018

Losing You



I used to think I couldn't go a day without your smile.
Without telling you things and hearing your voice back.

Then, that day arrived and it was so damn hard
but the next was harder.
And I knew with a sinking feeling
it was going to get worse
and I wasn't going to be okay
for a very long time.

Because losing someone isn't an occasion or an event.
It doesn't just happen once.
It happens over and over again.

I lose you every time I pick up your favorite coffee mug;
whenever that one song plays on the radio,
or when I discover you old t-shirt
at the bottom of my laundry pile.

I lose you every time I think of kissing you,
holding you or wanting you.
I got to bed at night and lose you,
when I wish I could tell you about my day.
And in the morning, when I wake up
and the reach the empty space across the sheets,
I begin to lose you all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment